CONSUMER - PLEASE BE AWARE:
- Have you been called by someone claiming you have been pre-approved for a loan and all you have to do is send $150-300 for a processing fee? It is a scam. We do not conduct transactions over the phone. ElcLoans.com DOES NOT have any loan agents contact you. Do not provide the caller with any personal information. ElcLoans.com is a matching service only, not a lender. We do not solicit customers over the phone.
- Have you been called by someone claiming you have defaulted on a loan and will face criminal prosecution unless you immediately wire them the money? It is probably a scam.
Here's what to do:
If you receive a suspicious telephone call:
- Ask the caller to provide their name, company name, address, phone number, and official documentation verifying the debt.
- Don't provide or confirm any bank account, credit card, social security number or other personal information over the phone.
- Please report suspicious calls to your local law enforcement.
Tips to avoid becoming a victim of this scam:
- Never give your Social Security number - or personal information of any kind - over the telephone or online unless you initiate the contact.
- Be suspicious of any e-mail with urgent requests for personal financial information. The e-mail may include upsetting or exciting but false statements to get you to react immediately.
- Avoid filling out forms in e-mail messages that request personal information.
- Ensure that your browser is up-to-date and security patches have been applied.
- Check your bank, credit, and debit card statements regularly to make sure that there are no unauthorized transactions. If anything looks suspicious, contact your bank and all card issuers.
- When you contact companies, use numbers provided on the back of cards or statements